Additive Manufacturing Technician
Salary: £30k per annum
Reports to: Operations Manager
An advanced manufacturing company that is supplying high-end quality metal and polymer additive manufacturing production parts, is hiring an Additive Manufacturing Technician.
The candidate will be responsible for the successful processing and inspection of components from the AM machines to produce parts and assemblies mainly for the Aerospace, Automotive, and medical industries.
- Clean down and preparation of AM machines prior to use
- Post-processing and workshop activities on polymer and metal AM parts
- Handwork and assembly of polymer and metal AM parts
- Facilities maintenance
- Ensure we continue to strive for best practices throughout the company
- Adhere to all Health and Safety requirements and perform any other reasonable duties as required
- English, Maths, Literacy to a good competence level
- Quality or process qualifications would be beneficial
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good engineering knowledge is desirable
- Hand tool, workshop, or model making skills beneficial, good at working with your hands
- Good time-management
- Good understanding of quality requirements & procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Facilities maintenance skills are desirable (mechanical, electric, plumbing, etc.) but not essential
- Understanding of working with materials
- Positive attitude
- Team worker
- Attention to detail
- Working to tight deadlines within a dynamic/busy environment.
- Experience in the Additive Manufacturing industry is desirable.
- A strong passion for additive manufacturing/new technologies is desired, demonstrable by either personal projects or prior work experience.
- Have a good understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
- You will be technically minded with a keen eye for detail
- Competent within MS Office Impeccable time management and highly organised.
- Understand the importance of KPI-driven performances.
- Able to adhere to routine procedures and can take full responsibility for your own actions.
- Are an ambitious individual, able to think outside the box and provide process improvement input as we continuously seek to improve product quality and production flow.
- A team player with great social and communication skills
- Positive approach with a can-do approach.
The successful candidate will be held accountable for departments PI’s in-line with company KPI targets, such as:
- Right First Time (RFT)
- On-time Delivery (OTD)
- Cost of poor quality (COPQ)
- Targets agreed with the line manager daily
What’s in it for you?
- Profit scheme bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Friday drinks
- Team Building Activities
Click apply or speak to Henry Hodson at firstname.lastname@example.org