Do you have a keen interest in Additive Manufacturing? Are you familiar with the technology but want to learn even more? How about developing a career in one of the industry’s most prominent metal’s based companies?
A Netherlands based Additive Manufacturing company are looking for an experienced Metallurgist in the Additive Manufacturing sector to join their team. They are focusing on metal additive manufacturing and are dedicated to working with sectors such as Aerospace, Automotive, Medical and High-Tec equipment.
They need someone to participate in the development of material processing sets and applications for an advanced industrial 3D printer.
Together with the Senior Process Engineer, you will set up a test plan for a specific material.
You will be:
- Defining the process test to perform
- Evaluating results (such as material characteristics and geometric precision)
- Executing the test plan
- Test the printed samples in accordance to expected specifications
- Analyse the resulting test data, and document all performed tests in a Test Report
- Based on the result of the tests you propose new tests that will lead to a robust process parameter set
- Furthermore you discuss possible improvements with our design team
In addition, they need someone to:
- Characterize microstructure, defects and properties of AM materials.
- Establish material specifications and quality for AM materials.
- Establish procedures for powder handling and recycling.
- Establish material post processing techniques, including surface finishing and heat treatments for additively manufactured components
- Work with the process and application engineers to produce characterization techniques required to support component production.
You will need to have experience of conducting experimental research, have a hand’s on approach and be analytically strong when it comes to problem-solving.
Ideally you will have a Bachelor or Masters in Material Science, Physics or Mechanical Engineering and/or PhD in Material Science.
To submit an application, apply here. Or, to learn more please call on 01257 244749.