Job Title: Application Engineer
Location: Austin, Texas
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
An additive manufacturing company that provides AM systems and materials to the market is committed to creating industrial solutions for the world’s top manufacturers and bridging the gap between 3D printing and machining. The company is looking to hire a full-time Application Engineer to join the Commercial Team.
The Commercial Team works with global commercial relationships across a wide variety of industry verticals. The successful candidate for this position should have a strong technical background and a willingness to learn the exciting product portfolio and materials portfolio.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
- You will need to develop technical expertise with the machines and materials and work directly with customers providing ways that the product portfolio can help with end applications across multiple verticals
- Listen to, provide feedback, and help develop customer’s additive manufacturing strategy
- Help educate customers on the benefits of the machines and material portfolio and, if necessary, provide onsite Tier 1 & 2 levels technical support.
- Work closely with the entire commercial team including marketing, application engineering, global sales, and global service, delivery, and support to ensure a consistent and quality customer experience across all global commercial relationships
- Work with the New Product Team to help provide the voice of the customer to the new product introduction
- Work with the Materials Team to introduce new materials to customers
- Be comfortable with the Machines to be able to demonstrate printed parts, add to their digital inventory, and train customers
- Understand the materials portfolio to provide advice to customers on materials for various applications
- You should expect to travel 50% of your time
- Applicants will need to develop expertise designing and developing applications and printed parts on the company's platform creating new opportunities to maximize the customer's experience
- Develop expertise in slicing software for 3D printed parts
- You will need to attend Tradeshows on behalf of the company, some of which are international.
- You will report to the Head of Application Engineering
- High school diploma or equivalent; completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship would be an asset
- Strong Relationship building skills and Communication skills with a keen ability to listen well and then to represent the product portfolio.
- The company is in a high growth mode, so candidates must be passionate, self-motivated, problem solvers, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- A Master’s Degree is preferred but not necessary. Candidates with 3+ years’ work experience in Material Science or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Candidates with experience in the Semiconductor industry preferred.
- Customer Relationship Management Experience preferred.
- Software capabilities in CAD a plus.
- It is not necessary to have any Additive Manufacturing experience.
- A willingness to learn and grow in the knowledge of the company and the Additive Manufacturing Industry as a whole
Click apply or speak to Mark Ainscough for the full details at:
Tel: +44 (0) 1257 244749