Business Development Director – Additive Manufacturing
Location – Boston, MA Area (USA)
Salary - $160,000
My client is looking for a Business Development Director (AM) to join an initial growth team to bring a portfolio of high performance metal powders to digital manufacturing. Their goal is to accelerate the growth in use of metals for 3D printing through the commercial offering of advanced steel materials.
Reporting to the General Manager (AM), this is an excellent opportunity for a high performing individual to become part of a metal 3D printing start-up ready to bring the digital manufacturing revolution to mainstream industries.
- Accelerate the adoption of my clients existing metal portfolio, providing global business development to industrial metal AM customers in different verticals.
- Identify and convert business opportunities by attending trade fairs, conferences and workshops.
- Select the appropriate technical and commercial solution for clients.
- Project Management
- Strengthen the company’s network within the AM arena.
- Leverage engineering skills.
- Knowledge of industrial Metal Additive Manufacturing
- Proven track record of sales within AM or Engineering.
- Hungry to learn and grow with the Business Unit.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Materials Science, or 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with metal powders and or 3D Printing
- 2-5 years of experience in a fast-paced development or early stage manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of with 3D Modelling software, PLM, ERP and Materials Management Systems desirable
Willingness to travel (Approximately 20-25%)