Job Title: Buyer
A company specialising in supply chain solutions is hiring a Buyer to work within the beverages department. This role reports to the Purchasing Team Leader within the procurement team, with a focus on cost reduction initiatives, client support, and new business opportunities.
A key aspect of this position is creating and implementing procurement strategies to support business growth, increased margins, and cost savings. Working efficiently to time scales is important, ensuring that business deadlines are met, so you will need to have a quick-thinking approach to ensure optimised value for the company and the client. Close working relationships should be maintained with the client and account/business development managers.
- Represent procurement function in client-facing meetings/presentations
- Negotiate supplier commercials, contracts, and supplier agreements
- Negate supplier inflation.
- Strategic spend analysis.
- Supplier relationship management.
- Resourcing activities.
- Ownership of client’s strategic needs.
- Identify and mitigate supply and commercial risks throughout the implementation process.
- Optimise project deliverables consistent with the expectations and objectives surrounding quality, service, cost, and innovation.
- Implement supplier rebates.
- Record client gain-share and cost reduction using ERP
- Support operational needs as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in implementing commodity sourcing strategies.
- Running tenders and supplier benchmarking experience- engaging with strategic suppliers to ensure competitive commercial position.
- Able to work efficiently to tight time scales in an environment requiring attention to detail.
- Professional and Ethical in approach.
- Demonstrable track record in managing direct relationships with major suppliers.
- Good understanding of supply chain management and procurement, including best practice purchasing and sourcing tools and techniques.
- Excellent grasp of commercial purchasing opportunities, contract negotiation, and management skills.
- A proven and experienced negotiator.
- ERP or MRP functionality.
- Willingness to travel/offsite working
Experience & Qualifications
- MCIPS (Preferable) or working towards
- Degree qualification (Desirable)
- Extensive experience in a Purchasing / Supply Chain environment (specific experience in the beverage sector would be of particular interest)
Click apply or speak to Chloe Yates for more information:
Tel: 01257 268273