Commercial Engineer / Quantity Surveyor – Bristol
Salary; £50,000 - £55,000k + Annual Bonus, 2/3 months’ salary
We are looking for an experienced QS/Commercial Engineer with large project industry experience, ideally within the Nuclear industry.
This project will be based in Bristol and will be working as part of the Hinckley Point C (HPC) project and other projects down the line.
The company I’m working with are a €40bn company with a €350m nuclear division operating throughout Europe.
The HPC project is the first new nuclear power station to be built in the UK in over 20 years, the site once completed will provide low-carbon electricity for around 6 million homes, the project is due to be completed in 2025.
My client is providing electrical/mechanical design service
s for the HPC project.
This person will manage the NEC commercial contracting requirements such as issuing early warning and compensation events. You’ll also manage the commercial and legal risk on projects. Other responsibilities will include collecting data on the project progress and understanding the commercial impact to any lateness or potential lateness. You’ll also be expected to provide monthly reports and quarterly updates.
The role will report to the Commercial Manager with a view to progressing into the Commercial Manager role within 18 months.
Personality wise we need someone with a strong work ethic and an ability to work on your own. Self-drive is very important in this role and attention to detail is key, with diligent and accurate data collection needed.
· Proven NEC3 experience
· Quantity Surveyor / Commercial accreditations
· Technical interest and understanding to relate the contracts to delivery functions
· Quantity Surveying / Construction Law / Engineering **must have demonstrable experience in a commercial function for at least 3years
· Large project experience (in excess of £20M contract values)
· Minimum of 5years post-graduation
· Ideally from FEED and front-end EPC projects involving a high design / engineering portion
· Ideally speaking French and/or willing to learn
Click apply, or speak to Phillip Hodson for further details at:
Tel: +44 (0) 1257 268273