Design Engineer - Aerospace
To design and develop products within the Aerospace Industry that are cost effective, high quality, not complex to manufacture / service and that meet the requirements of the associated Customer / Technical specifications. To support manufacturing in problem solving, dispositioning and taking corrective actions.
- To support the in service department in the definition of repair solutions relating to In Service problems.
- To support Spares in the resolution of design related problems.
- Provide excellent quality products and superior service to your stakeholders.
- To investigate potential design solutions for new components / assemblies and modifications to existing components / assemblies.
- To optimise the design solution selected for each component / assembly, based on the correct balance of cost, quality, manufacturability, serviceability and performance.
- To provide evidence of design compliance with Customer / Technical specifications.
- To produce engineering schemes, models and drawings for components / assemblies in line with the requirements of the Programme.
- To produce supplementary drawing sheets (e.g. Nomenclatures).
- To provide structured problem solving (8D) support to manufacturing areas and to resolve any identified design issues.
- To provide dispositions to manufacturing non conformances and to define repair solutions where necessary.
- To complete design related Corrective Actions resulting from manufacturing non conformances.
Candidate skills & requirements
- Experience in Computer Aided Design, utilising CATIA and/or CADDS5 Essential
- Knowledge of Composite, Fabrication or Sheet metal
- Knowledge of Design principles and material selection Essential
- Knowledge of Tolerance management
- Good understanding of stress principles
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes and techniques