Director of Software Development - Austin, Texas or Irvine, California
A company working in the additive manufacturing industry who manufactures and delivers innovative industrial 3D printers and materials is looking for a Director of Software Development. This is a senior management role with the overall responsibility of the company’s software strategy and implementation.
The successful person will lead the software development in a 4 person team on WinX/.NET/C#/C++ platform and develop interactions between SW modules and overall system capabilities, develop HMI/IoT/Cloud capability (with 3rd parties when needed) and manage 3rd-party work-flow integrations.
There will also be Multiple Flow/Product, full-lifecycle responsibility.
Typically requires a BS or greater (CS/CE/SA/IT) with a minimum of 10 years in distributed/connected systems development.
• WinX (some Linux a plus)
• .NET, C#, C++, WPF, Python, other
• Agile Development - JIRA, Azure DevOps, etc.
• Cisco/MS LAN capable
• Some embedded a plus – minimum familiarity with FPGA, USB, eNET, TCP/UDP, I2C, SPI
• Interest in complex equipment/systems necessary
• Knowledge of motion controls/servos desirable
• Knowledge of additive manufacturing very desirable
• Initiative-taker – must be excited to ‘go build it, test it, deploy it, and support it’
The role will require some domestic travel and infrequent international travel. Time on-machine and in-lab essential in either Austin, Texas or Irvine, California.
Click to apply or speak to Mark Ainscough on +44 (0) 1257 244743 for more detail.