EH&S Officer – 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Our client is a leading manufacturer of niche components for the civil aerospace industry. We have been assigned to recruit a EH&S Officer on a fixed term contract to cover maternity for the next 12 months. This role is an urgent requirement, interview are due to take place next week.
Main Purpose of job:
- To assist in implementation of safety management systems that ensure the plant is compliant with international standards and best practice in operational safety.
- To assist and coach Operations Management and Team Leaders in accident and near miss investigations, and help to develop permanent safety improvements.
- To motivate and engage the workforce to improve the safety performance of the operation by developing and implementing a behavioural safety approach.
- To train Management, Team Leaders and the workforce in safety processes and procedures, and to keep up to date the training records.
- To be involved in the early specification and design of new plant equipment to ensure safe systems of work and regulatory compliance.
- To help organise regular plant safety reviews to ensure that the plant’s Goals and performance are discussed at the appropriate levels.
- To assist in the collection of the KPIs and performance data required to manage a safe operation.
- To monitor and audit the day to day processes that ensure compliance to environmental objectives.
- To help in the development of a best practice environmental strategy.
- To work with the Operations team to develop and implement energy reduction plans
- A recognised Health and Safety Qualification.
- Educated to HNC/HND or Degree Level
- Experience of working within a Health and Safety role in a manufacturing environment.
- You must be organised, able to prioritise work effectively, and to work well under pressure.
- You will have good written and oral communication skills and a positive approach to all areas of your work.
08:00hrs to 16:15hrs Monday to Thursday
08:00 to 15:00hrs Friday
£31,500 per annum