Job Title: Engineering Design Manager
Location: West Midlands
An engineering design company, who manufacture special purpose equipment, such as jigs and fixtures and assembly tooling for niche industries, is hiring an Engineering Design Manager who has experience with managing an engineering function that is experiencing growth with both internal and external customers.
It is important that you have experience with project work, coming from a Mechanical Engineering background with hands on design experience on bespoke projects.
The company are equally looking for someone with experience of winning new business by working closely with the sales functions. Following this, costing and project management including engineering through to final installation and ongoing maintenance, will be an essential aspect of the job.
- Engineering Design
- Conducting cost analysis
- Inspection audits
- Internal customer projects
- Developing employees
- Overseeing the apprenticeship program and reporting back to senior management.
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- ILM / Management qualifications
- Has experience supporting the sales process
- Machining small and large-scale structures
- Rail or construction industry knowledge
- Detail orientation
- Report writing
- Strong communicator
- Needs to demonstrate strong leadership skills (Situational leader)
- Experience in bringing on Graduates and Apprenticeship programs before is desirable
- Travel to customer sites for installations will be required
Click apply or speak to James Field at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01257 244748.