Job Title: Field Service Manager
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
An innovative additive manufacturing business who are disrupting traditional manufacturing processes with their material and system portfolio, is hiring a full-time Field Service Manager who will be responsible for managing an international team of technical trainers, providing technical assistance and training to customers in support of the company’s products.
This person will be take charge of the implementation and assessment of field based learning and development for salaried and hourly team members, resellers, distributors, and customer end-users. This responsibility includes the hiring of direct reports for class delivery, technical assistance.
The successful candidate will manage the instructor pool to maintain training quality standards, design and implement procedures and processes related to training delivery for the company’s network of trainers, resellers and distributors.
- Hire, develop and manage staff of technical trainers that support customers around the globe
- Provide technical assistance and training to customer in support of the company products.
- Ensure staff are trained on proper procedures for customer training, installation of equipment, including calibrations, and test builds.
- Clearly and professionally interact with internal and external customers to provide “Best in Class” service and maximize customer experience.
- Determine tools and equipment required to perform the scope of work.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop training plans for employees and customers.
- Assist staff and/or sub-contractors to resolve complex machine operation problems.
- Telephone, email, and on-site troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Resolve service level issues, directly or indirectly, with customers
- Communicate effectively with customers to promote products, learn about equipment faults, and explain procedures, answer questions and address complaints.
- Exchange diagnostic and troubleshooting information with appropriate department personnel
- Travel up to 75% of the time.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent Military Technical Training and 5+ years of related experience.
- Minimum of 1 year field service management or training management experience.
- Hands-on aptitude with mechanical and electrical systems as pertains to additive manufacturing
- Ability to document requirements for training programs based on input from internal and external customers.
- Must have a good working knowledge of blueprints, schematic drawings, and other technical documents required for the position.
- Ability to read and understand a wide variety of manuals for set-up, calibration, operating, repair, maintenance, testing and quality.
- Understanding of the various mediums for training content to be delivered including the use of latest technologies.
- Able to prioritize projects and drive them to conclusion.
- Ability to evaluate severity of equipment faults and anomalies considering all possible scenarios
- Ability to work independently performing service and repair tasks as needed.
- Ability to use communications software and possess above average computer skills
- Demonstrate motivation and continuous learning to update technical training skills
- Experience in the Additive Manufacturing or 3D Printing industry is a plus.
Click apply or speak to Mark Ainscough for the full detail at:
T: +44 (0)1257 244743