Head of Marketing
A manufacturer of hand tools is hiring a Head of Marketing to join the team.
This position is a key role, and you will report directly to the Managing Director and sit on the leadership team for the business, as well as play a key role in the Sales and Marketing team where the business’ commercial sales direction is decided. The department is responsible for the full marketing, including NPD, range management, brand development, trade marketing and promotion, websites, social media, and more.
This position requires close cooperation with the Sales Directors in terms of delivering the company’s offering to the targeted channels in both the domestic and international markets.
- To contribute to the overall development of the company's short and long-term business planning.
- To formulate, implement and control effective marketing strategies.
- To work closely with and advise sales to deliver profitable sales growth.
- Formulate marketing strategy and plans to meet the requirements of the business plan.
- To implement the marketing plan effectively within budget.
- To manage the marketing function effectively within budget.
- To ensure that the Department fully supports the sales effort with all aspects of the marketing mix, including direct marketing.
- To ensure that all marketing output is project managed to be delivered complete and on schedule and communicated across the organisation.
- To develop and promote all the brands the company distributes leading to increased market share and higher sales.
- To investigate, develop and promote new marketing opportunities including new brands and communication media.
- To develop ways of improving performance in conjunction with colleagues within the company.
Team Leadership Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for 8 marketing professionals – including; x2 New Product Development (NPD) professionals, x1 Designer, x1 Brand Manager, x2 marketing Executives, x1 Trade Marketing Executive, and 1x Marketing Assistant.
- To lead the team to achieve results in line with the Marketing strategy and business plan.
- To continually develop the team's skills and ability to achieve through effective leadership and mentoring, motivation, support
- To communicate to the team priorities and direction
- To encourage the team to share ideas and views that may support the achievement of departmental and Company goals
- To foster company values as an individual and within the department
- To recruit and develop team members where necessary.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Have an analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Experience in building and delivering well-thought Marketing strategies
- Product Marketing experience is essential
- Product experience need not be hand tools – but should be comparable or sold into similar channels
- Having worked in businesses selling into merchants/national accounts/wholesaler/trade counter outlets/online – would be a strong benefit
- Have strong communication and people management skills
- Be smart, driven, and entrepreneurial
- Demonstrate a track record of B2B and B2C marketing within a growing brand or brands
- Have solid knowledge of product management, marketing strategy, and sales principles
- Understand data analysis and forecasting methods
- Must be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised, as well as being part of a team, and possess the desire, enthusiasm, drive, determination, tenacity, and ability to achieve results.
- Must enjoy team building and development of individuals, with examples of when this has been done in the past
- Should be able to remain calm under pressure and possess creative skills.
- Must possess a flexible approach to working hours
- Must demonstrate a willingness to travel and spend periods away from home
- £60k - £65k
- Bonus 10% of salary
- Car allowance £550/month, £6600/annum
- Mobile Phone
- Occupational Sick pay
- 37.5hrs per week Mon-Fri
- 34 days paid holiday a year (including Bank Holidays) – increasing with length of service
- Auto-enrolment Pension Plan - contribution of 5% from Company and 3% from the employee
- 3 x salary life assurance dependent on employee joining the company pension
- Relocation package
Click apply or speak to Phillip Hodson for the full details at email@example.com or call direct on 01257 268273