Role: Health & Safety Officer
Pre-Requisites: NEBOSH Certificate and Manufacturing experience
The role of the Health and Safety Officer is key to the further development of the business. The key element of the role is the implementation of HSE best practice across the company’s operational functions. The main responsibilities within the role include:
- Ensure that all risk assessments are compliant with OHSAS18001
- Be a key part and lead Safety Committee Meetings, auditing etc
- Develop a system that ensures that all H&S data is up to data, transparent across the business and readily available
- Analyse and evaluate current processes, procedures and systems to identify areas for improvement.
- Highlight and recommend any required training courses to ensure all staff are aware of latest H&S regulations and comply with safe systems of work.
The ideal candidate will hold a NEBOSH Certificate and will have a track record of successfully developing health & safety policies, procedures and systems against OHSAS18001 within a manufacturing environment. Candidates from an automotive engineering / manufacturing background including assembly processes would be at an advantage though this is not critical. The ability to analyse current systems and processes and manage audits is a prerequisite for the role. The candidate must have excellent communication and influencing skills and be able to work successfully across operation at all levels.
Our client are an established, market leading manufacturing business who operate in the automotive world.
Kensington Consulting is a leading executive recruitment company specialising in engineering and manufacturing disciplines across all industrial sectors, resulting in consecutive Jobsite Recruit Rank awards in (2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012).
To find out more about Kensington Consulting, click on our logo on the left hand side of this page.
To apply for the position of H&S Officer, please click the Apply Now Button