Job: HR Officer
Salary: £30k - £35k
Are you used to working in a fast paced manufacturing environment?
Have you got experience of improving employee engagement?
Do you enjoy communicating with people from senior management to associate level?
As the HR Officer, your function in this position will be to advise and support senior management on best practice, and take the lead with implementing a world-class performance management training and development strategy.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Consult with line management and provide daily HR guidance support to Supervisors/Managers and senior management.
- Analyse trends and metrics with in the business and report on absenteeism, starters, leavers and claims etc.
- Communication and training of current HR policy & procedures contained in our Employee Handbook.
- Ensuring best practice across the business and further developing our policies and procedures where needed.
- Support the development of a company-wide training and development strategy and implement plans.
- Support payroll weekly for hourly paid & Monthly for Staff and be responsible for Time Attendance System Management and set up for new starters, leavers, Holiday, Absences, lateness and Illness etc.
- Payroll Management Update wage rates annually, monthly payroll attachments of earnings cheques/payroll deductions.
- Take the lead with implementing a world class performance management process which in turn drives training, development, reward and retention.
- Support both our Works Council and regular employee briefings via Town Hall Meetings.
- Responsible for recruitment, succession planning via direct advertisement and/or agency.
- Recruitment & Selection covering Interviews, Reference checks- eligibility to work in the UK, Offer Letters, driver licence checks, Contracts of employment, Company/Departmental Induction and ongoing training. To include our Apprenticeship programme.
- Provide/create HR policy guidance & documentation.*
- Employment Law & H.R. Legislation ensuring best practice.*
- Well versed in Human Resources Policy and procedures covering recruitment, employment law, disciplinary and grievance procedures.*
Who you are:
- You are qualified to level 3 in CIPD and have a background within the manufacturing or related industry.
- You have strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- You will have experience of implementing HR policy which has brought about an improvement in organisational capability, absence management, developing others and has improved the relationship between the shop floor and management.
Note on COVID: You will be able to work from home when work does not require you to be physically on-site. As this is a new role, focused on our people, it is hard to pre-judge what will be possible. Following your on-boarding, expectation is that this will be 1 to 2 days pcw WFH.
Want to get involved? Click apply or speak to Tom Barnes for further detail at:
T: 01257 244743