Job Title: Quality Manager
Type: FTC (Negotiable)
A leading, global supplier of automotive components is looking for an Interim Quality Manager to join their team on a fixed-term contract.
The main purpose of this job is to be the plants representative for all Quality aspects, leading and developing the organisation and quality departments, in conjunction with customer requirements and business objectives which forms part of a continuous improvement cycle.
The successful candidate will communicate with and report regularly with corporate quality management UK/Europe in order to develop and implement uniform methods and practices across the company’s locations.
The key accountabilities are:
- Development and implementation of the plant Quality Management System in the framework of the European Integrated Management System (EIMS), Customer Specific Requirements, and the IATF 16949.
- Management and development of customer relations, regular communication, good sound meeting cadence. Proactive activity on all perceived customer quality and systemic issues. Controls operational EIMS including Chinese Certifications.
- Ensuring regular liaison and business tools such as Quality Alert / QTS / IPS and are utilised to monitor and improve performance in parallel with customer reporting systems.
- Management of Quality metrics on MOSIAC and other company internal systems related to quality (e.g. ppm, Cost of poor Quality) VRT.
- Promote and drive problem-solving within the plant utilising proven methodologies to implement, verify, and validate permanent solutions to known concerns and drive improvement with New Products through Lesson Learnt.
- Management and Co-ordination of day to day quality concerns. At the customer, Supplier, and in-plant in terms of quality performance.
- Responsible for APQP and feeding in a lesson learned to Program Management / Design Engineering. Also covering Total Quality System implementation with regard to operational excellence.
- Develop Quality Structure to support the needs of the business. Good understanding of skills gaps using the PMP Process. Annual planning to ensure continued improvement of personnel.
- To support budget appraisal, working within the confines of the business.
- Develop and Manage a Strategic Quality Model to support all aspects of the business.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Engineering degree in a technical discipline and/or at least 5 years relevant industry experience within the Automotive industry
- Sound understanding of Quality, Business, and OEM systems/standards, e.g. IATF16949 / JLRQ
- JIT / Sequence supply and safety quality management.
- Proven leadership and management skills within a challenging environment
- Good knowledge of structured problem-solving tools and methodologies
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal at all levels in local language and English
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good computer skills, conversant with Microsoft office
- An excellent motivator, self-starting, with an enthusiastic approach
Click apply or speak to Tom Barnes for the full detail at:
Tel: 01257 268440