Industry: Additive Manufacturing
Location: Irvine, California
A company who are disrupting traditional manufacturing processes using additive manufacturing production platforms are looking to hire a Junior Systems Engineer to design, develop, test and deploy various electromechanical systems and subsystems. This will include; liquifiers, print-heads, mechatronics, thermal systems, controls and the software behind them, with a focus on system integration and complex system modelling/controls. This position centers around integrating 3D printers – the printers themselves, and the processes that make them great.
- Be the person the machines designers (mechanical and electrical) come to for system integration, as well as some original design
- Sensor Engineering and complex data acquisition
- Data analysis – some coding (Python, advanced Excel, MatLab, LabView, similar....)
- Subsystem/Process design feedback and optimization
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or other discipline with a focus on assembly, integration and test of robotic/active systems.
- Extensive experience in design/build/test – this is a hands-on job
- CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Strong knowledge of system dynamics and sensing
- Self-motivated and self-directed - comfortable working in a lean, fast, agile team
- Good English communication skills – Mandarin, Japanese, German, Spanish a plus
- Excellent organization and prioritization of daily tasks and projects
- Ability to travel domestically 3-5 days per month. 2-3 international trips per year may be required.
- Experience with 3D printing/Additive Manufacturing
- Knowledge of the Model to Slicer to Print path
- Basic electronics knowledge
- Scales with experience
- Opportunity to participate in employee stock program
- Discretional vacation/holiday time
- Visa assistance
Click apply or speak with Mark Ainscough for more details at:
Telephone: +44 (0) 1257 244743