Job: Lead Engineer
A company in the Engineering and Technology industry are looking to hire a Lead Engineer to join the Project Management team and be responsible for managing the delivery of a portfolio of project related Engineering deliverables, utilizing the company’s global resources and standards.
You will be part of a team which undertakes the design, implementation and factory acceptance test phases of projects with Distributed Control Systems. Additionally, you will support the overall business growth objectives by utilizing your skills and experience to support the sales and proposals team in the pursuit of new business opportunities.
- Support the relevant Senior Lead Engineer in understanding, managing and achieving each customer’s expectations.
- Take ownership of the Engineering activities on all allocated deliverables and proactively utilize methodologies, resources and techniques for minimizing the execution cost, whilst maintaining the requisite schedule and quality standard.
- Collaborate with the Senior Lead Engineer in the development of a realistic and achievable project schedule and provide them with all necessary information to ensure that they are fully informed of resource requirements, progress and areas of risk for the Lead Engineer’s allocated Engineering deliverables.
- Ensure that all team members allocated to the Lead Engineer, inclusive of any third parties, are provided with all necessary and relevant information - details of scope, schedule, technical specifications and quality standards – to effectively deliver their allotted work.
- Fully understand the scope of work for all allocated Engineering deliverables and ensure that it is delivered to the requisite quality, budget and schedule and that the relevant Senior Lead Engineer is fully informed, at the earliest opportunity, of any customer-initiated changes in scope.
You will need:
- Degree in Electronics, Control or Chemical Engineering or an HNC/HND complemented by relevant practical experience;
- At least 5 years of engineering experience
- Proficiency in process or automation control, with advanced knowledge of DCS / SCADA systems or PLCs;
- Proven ability to coordinate projects, including working with remote resources and controlling technical costs, time and quality
- Previous experience operating within a matrix organization and with offshore engineering resources is an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills; Fluent English language skills (verbal, reading and writing)
Click to apply or speak to James Field at:
Tel: +44 (0)1257 244748