Currently working with an established manufacturere with a global presence with various overseas production facilities to recruit for an experienced Logistics Specialst.
Working out of a custom built facility responsibilites will include:
- Liaising and negotiating with transport and logistics companies
- Liaising with customers and suppliers regarding logistics and distribution
- Oversee liaising with HMRC regarding customs requirements
- Planing consolidation of shipments for Imports and Exports
- Implementing measures to aid cost savings for the company throughout the Supply Chain
- Evaluating performance and quality of transport procedures and planning, including consignment stock (possible Brexit implications) whilst planning improvements
- Developing an efficient, cost-effective logistics and distribution strategy
- Implementing measures to minimise the potential negative effects of Brexit, particularly regarding transit times, customs and administration costs, regulatory challenges and logistics costs.
- Overseeing Deferment Account requirements
- Continually trying to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
- Assisting managing delivery times and transport costs
- Useing associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle
- Allocating and manage relevant staff resources according to changing needs
- Developing the business by analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions
- Implementing the requisite health and safety procedures within the transport and distribution functions
- Motivating other members of the team
- Setting objectives and introduce efficiencies
- Planing and manage projects
- Planing vehicle routes
A background in logistics from a manafacuring envionment would be preferred.
Please send an up to date CV today for immediate consideration.