Machine Learning Engineer – Los Angeles, California
A unique opportunity has arisen for a soccer fan with machine learning experience to join a company based in LA, who is building a new way of viewing the sports industry, by delivering unique and innovative solutions within the capabilities of machine understanding.
The work environment is team-orientated with a start-up mindset; describing themselves as dynamic and encouraging of growth. There is a flat hierarchy and collaborative management led by highly-qualified technical leads.
Where do you fit in?
The company is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join its AI group, where the successful candidate will be involved in data extraction, developing state-of-the-art models/algorithms, training, and evaluation; with the main focus of this role being centered on soccer.
You will have:
- 7+ years of direct, relevant work experience in machine learning and/or with a degree in a related subject
- A solid CS foundation including; data structures, object-oriented design, modern software engineering practices.
- Understanding of the mathematical underpinnings of machine learning/statistical algorithms
- Experience in Python and machine learning libraries (cikit-learn, tensorflow, Keras)
- Data build technologies – AWS, Postgres
- Data extraction, cleansing, and normalization
- AND a critical must-have – thorough domain knowledge of soccer (coaching, playing, lifelong fan…)
What sets you apart?
- Team-oriented engineering habits
- Curiosity and desire to learn new tools and technologies, as well as teach/mentor others
- Strong work ethic