Role: Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Sector: Automotive Manufacturing
Commutable from: Burnley, Blackburn, Leyland, Preston, Bolton, Halifax
Salary: Up to £38,000
Reporting into the Maintenance Team Leader, this role is key to the continued development of the companies maintenance function. Key aspects of the role include;
- Equipment and facilities breakdown corrective actions and countermeasures
- Planned, Preventative and Predictive Maintenance
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) system support
- Working to set objectives and specifications towards meeting key performance indicators (KPI) in Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- New project implementation and equipment installation support
- Continuous improvement activity leading and support
- Development of personal skill sets and capabilities.
The ideal candidate will be a time served electrical maintenance engineer with working knowledge of automated processes, fault diagnostics and countermeasure implementation. As Maintenance Engineer you will have experience of PLC systems such as Mitsubishi and Siemens. The ideal candidate must be a good communicator/listener and have the ability to work on his/her own or as part of a team. Other focus for this role is an understanding of route cause tools such as 5 Whys, 8D etc and experience of Lean Manufacturing tools such as Kaisen, Value Stream Mapping, 5’S and TPM. Knowledge of Robotics would be a distinct advantage.
Our client is an established engineering business who supply directly into market leaders across the automotive industry.