Job Title: Maintenance Manager Location: St Helens Salary: £45k - £50k
This role reports to the Engineering Manager and has responsibility for all aspects of maintenance including production machinery, services, and site facilities.
You will also oversee the operation and enhancement of the preventative maintenance scheme working towards TPM.
The main duties include:
- Ensure compliance with health and safety requirements
- Coordinate and manage his team, define smart objectives and provide feedback and appraisals.
- Implement and manage KPIs in his department to monitor equipment downtime, Quality, inventory, and costs.
- Review and optimise service plans and internal procedures in the department in order to reduce downtime and running costs.
- Develop the Preventative Maintenance Scheme keeping it effective and current.
- Ensure that the preventative maintenance is carried out by the Maintenance Engineers.
- Installation of capital equipment within time and budget
- Liaise with machinery and equipment manufactures and contractors in matters of equipment repair, calibration, and servicing.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and standards especially calibration of equipment, inspection of lifting equipment, and inspection.
- In all the above, liaise with the Production Manager to advise of schedules for timely completion.
- Undertake emergency repairs to reestablish running equipment safely with a minimum Production downtime.
- Recording actions taken and materials used in the preventative maintenance log to further improve the reliability of production equipment.
- Manage and develop supplier database to improve lead time, improve quality and reduce maintenance and building costs
- Manage NCRs with suppliers
- Implement and maintain maintenance stores and workshops to the principles of 5S
- To undertake fault finding investigations and initiate/undertake corrective actions
You are expected to have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of Health and Safety
- Be able to lead and manage a team
- Have a working knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies including 5S and TPM
- Have good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to solve problems and breakdowns in minimum time
- National Diploma or higher in Engineering or Manufacturing
- IOSH Managing Safety
- 5 years experience working in Engineering and Manufacturing
- 5 years of supervision or management experience
Click apply or speak to Henry Hodson for the full detail at:
Tel: 01257 244748