Role: Managing Director
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £120k + benefits
An aerospace company based in Greater Manchester is hiring a Managing Director to improve operations and the company’s commercial status, with the objective of increasing turnover and profit.
- Managing the P&L, including all functions involving finance, cash flow, budgets, and understanding potential risk.
- Operations & Supply Chain – material planning and production, manufacturing, logistics, purchasing, OTD, quality, HSE, maintenance, production engineering.
- Commercial – Sales against forecast, sales against plan, order intake, contracts, and purchasing contracts.
- People – absence management, development, appraisals, recruitment, capacity planning.
- A demonstrable experience in Aerospace Manufacturing Operations at Director level
- P&L experience
- Held a role or had responsibilities relating to Operations
- MRP/ERP knowledge
- An Engineering degree is desirable
- Must have worked in a precision engineering business
- Possess a strong understanding of highly regulated industries
- Has a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Able to inspire and lead others to encourage business improvement
- Possess the ability to balance your attention in different areas of the company
- Able to work in an autonomous role with support from the board
- Needs to have previous union negotiation experience
- Ability to coach and use situational leadership to devise, strategize, and engage tactics with the team
What’s in it for you?
- £120k + 20% bonus
- Car Allowance
- 10% pension contribution