Manufacturing & Lean Engineer
Salary : Up to £42k
Location: Worsley/Greater Manchester
This role will be working and supporting the Operations manager in developing the ‘Factory of the Future.’ You’ll play a key part in the creation of 5-year plans, around how the factory will look and what technology will be deployed.
The client is looking for an experienced Manufacturing/Production Engineer who’s well practiced in Lean manufacturing.
The following is the job's principal responsibilities:
• Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; liaising with equipment suppliers.
• Identify and purchase equipment, materials, or parts and provide input into Capex submissions.
• Undertakes time analysis of routings and ensure that all routings are correct / updated on SAP.
• Supports improvements on manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout.
• Keeps equipment operational with the coordination of maintenance and repair services.
• Identify faults, investigate production problems and repair equipment quickly and efficiently.
• Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs.
• Provide technical expertise, support or training relating to manufacturing.
• Identify and implement opportunities for cost savings and business improvements in business area as well as taking a lead role in Perfect Execution activities as required.
• Solve manufacturing problems by improving processes, or manufacturing equipment.
• Take ownership of all CAPEX projects.
Required experience for this role is as follows:
• HNC/HND or Degree (Engineering such as Mechanical, Manufacturing)
• minimum of ten years’ work experience in a manufacturing engineering setting
• practical and logical approach to problem-solving
• ability to work well under pressure and take on new challenges
• organisation and time management skills
• Strong IT skills (excel)
• Lean trained or trained to a minimum at GB level in 6 Sigma
If you are interested in this position please apply below.
Or, speak to James Field at firstname.lastname@example.org