Manufacturing & Lean Engineer – Greater Manchester
This role will be working and supporting the Operations Manager in developing the ‘Factory of the Future.’ You’ll play a key part in the creation of 5-year plans, around how the factory will look and what technology will be deployed.
My client is looking for an experienced Manufacturing/Production Engineer who’s well-practiced in Lean manufacturing.
The following are the jobs principal responsibilities;
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; liaising with equipment suppliers.
- Identify and purchase equipment, materials, or parts and provide input into Capex submissions.
- Undertakes time analysis of routings and ensures that all routings are correct / updated on SAP.
- Supports improvements on manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Keeps equipment operational with the coordination of maintenance and repair services.
- Identify faults, investigate production problems and repair equipment quickly and efficiently.
- Maintains product and process database by writing computer programs.
- Provide technical expertise, support or training relating to manufacturing.
- Identify and implement opportunities for cost savings and business improvements in the business area as well as taking a lead role in Perfect Execution activities as required.
- Solve manufacturing problems by improving processes, or manufacturing equipment.
- Take ownership of all CAPEX projects.
Required experience for this role is as followed;
- HNC/HND or Degree (Engineering such as Mechanical, Manufacturing)
- Minimum of ten years’ work experience in a manufacturing engineering setting
- A practical and logical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work well under pressure and take on new challenges
- Organisation and time management skills
- Strong IT skills (excel)
- Lean trained or trained to a minimum at GB level in 6 Sigma
Click to apply or call James Field on 01257 244748 to learn more.