Job Title: Materials Aerospace Engineer
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
An additive manufacturing company that provides AM systems and materials to the market is committed to creating industrial solutions for the world’s top manufacturers and bridging the gap between 3D printing and machining.
The company is looking to hire a full-time experienced Aerospace Material Development Engineer to join the Materials Research and Development team. This role would have responsibilities in all stages of the product development process for aerospace materials, starting from early-stage concepts to commercializing final products. Tasks include creating Design of Experiments, printing test specimens, CNC cutting of specimens, testing mechanical, thermal, and flame-retardant properties, conveying product's value propositions internally and externally, and all the auxiliary steps needed to accomplish the above deliverables. Candidates should be familiar with CMH-17 testing protocols, ANOVA analysis, B-Basis analysis, AMS 7100 and 7101 certifications, and FAR 25.853 FST testing protocols. Additional tasks include maintaining product portfolio content, compiling data, and TDS/SDS creation.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Must be able to work well in both team and individual environments to think critically, solve a problem, and document the solution for communication to the team.
- Experience in testing mechanical and physical properties of materials required.
- Material extrusion 3D printing experience is required.
- Knowledge of polymer science and polymer properties required.
- Knowledge of printer electronics, mechanics, and general troubleshooting preferred.
- Statistical analysis software experience preferred.
- Experience developing aerospace products preferred.
- May be asked to support urgent deadlines during nights or weekends occasionally.
- Qualified candidates must have 5 or more years of aerospace industry experience.
- B.S. in aerospace engineering, materials science, mechanical engineering or equivalent required, graduate degree in aerospace or materials discipline preferred.
Click apply or speak to Phillip Hodson for further detail at:
Tel: +44 (0) 1257 268273