Job Title: Materials Aerospace Engineer
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
A Texas-based company who are disrupting traditional manufacturing processes using additive manufacturing production platforms are looking to hire a Materials Aerospace Engineer to join their Materials Research & Development team.
The role in question will include responsibilities in all stages of the product development process for aerospace materials, which will begin with early-stage concepts all the way through to the commercialisation of final products.
The tasks of this position will include:
- Creating Design of Experiments
- Printing Test Specimens
- CNC cutting of specimens
- Testing mechanical, thermal & flame retardant properties,
- Conveying product’s value propositions internally & externally
- All the auxiliary steps needed to accomplish the above deliverables
As well as the list above, you should be familiar with CMH-17 testing protocols, ANOVA analysis, B- Basis analysis, AMS 7100 and 7101 certifications, and FAR 25.853 FST testing protocols. Additional tasks include maintaining product portfolio content, compiling data, and TDS/SDS creation.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Experience in testing mechanical and physical properties of materials required.
- Material extrusion 3D printing experience is required.
- Knowledge of polymer science and polymer properties required.
- Knowledge of printer electronics, mechanics, and general troubleshooting preferred.
- Statistical analysis software experience preferred.
- Experience developing aerospace products preferred.
- May be asked to support urgent deadlines during nights or weekends occasionally.
- 5 or more years of aerospace industry experience.
- B.S. in aerospace engineering, materials science, mechanical engineering or equivalent required, graduate degree in aerospace or materials discipline preferred.
Click apply or speak with Mark Ainscough for more details at:
Telephone: +44 (0) 1257 244743