The ideal candidate will have experience working as a Mechanical Design Engineer and will ideally have the necessary technical breadth to adapt well to a consulting environment.
• Minimum 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject or equivalent experience
• High level of proficiency in 3D CAD systems; preferably SolidWorks
• Thorough understanding and proven experience of mechanical engineering fundamentals
• Familiarity with the design and development of laboratory automation or manufacturing system equipment
• Strong analytical and problem solving capability
• Strong knowledge of COTS automation components
• Knowledge of pneumatics and machine control systems
• Understanding of machine health and safety regulations
• Experience in the Healthcare and / or Food and Drink sectors
• Understanding of quality control and risk management
• Customer focus, with a professional and confident communication style
• The ability to innovate and think freely
• Proven track record of working individually and in teams of highly skilled engineers in a complex technical project-based environment
• Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a range of industry sectors
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Able to solve problems using both logic and creative/innovative approaches
• Numerate and highly computer literate, with excellent analytical skills
• Able to plan and prioritise, work to deadlines and under pressure
My client is a progressive and forward-thinking technology company and is a leader within their field. If you are looking to work with a varied client base bringing ground-breaking innovations, then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
Kensington Consulting Ltd operates as a Recruitment / Employment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment / Employment Business for the provision of temporary candidates. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.