Job Title: Mechanical Engineer I
Location: Orange County, California
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
An innovative additive manufacturing business who are disrupting traditional manufacturing processes with their material and system portfolio is hiring a full-time Mechanical Engineer, who will work with the company’s R&D department to develop the latest equipment and explore new concepts.
You will be responsible for proof-of-concept evaluation, prototype development, system testing and the characterization of mechanical and electro-mechanical subsystems.
To qualify for this role you will need to have an understanding of mechanics, thermodynamics, and dynamics for industrial equipment along with hands-on experience.
Other responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain design and test documentation
- Support final product design including testing and certification
- Support applications and service/support teams with customer issues
- Support contract manufacturer with product builds and training
- Schedule and complete tasks on time with minimal supervision
- BSME or similar degree
- Experience with mathematical modelling of mechanics/dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer.
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work in a small, dynamic team
- Open to travel across South East Asia and the U.S to support manufacturing and first machine deployments
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and will not now or in the future require sponsorship by the employer
- MSEE or similar
- Experience with 3D CAD design and finite element analysis (Solidworks preferred)
- Experienced in the use and design of servo control and industrial equipment
- Knowledge in additive manufacturing processes and equipment
Click to apply or speak to Mark Ainscough for the full details at:
+44 (0)1257 244743 | firstname.lastname@example.org