Our client is a precision Aerospace manufacturing business experience a strong period of growth and high performance. Due to continued expansion and additional accreditations, we are looking to support our client through the acquisition of a Compliance Manager
Purpose of the Job
Our client has undertaken the task of obtaining Nadcap accreditation for Welding, Heat Treatment, Non-Conventional machining and Chemical processing. The primary purpose of this role is to be the site Quality Engineer for Nadcap and all special processes to maintain approval. In addition, the role will support day to day QA activities such as incoming material quality, customer returns, NCRs, etc.
- Ensure that processes needed for the Nadcap/special process approval are established, implemented and maintained.
- Act a site subject matter expert (SME) for all special processes
- Lead/Support special process audits for Nadcap/Key Customers including the close out or any NCR’s through robust RCCA activities.
- Support internal training and awareness program to ensure all procedures related to special processes are flowed down to employees.
- Ensure that the internal audit programme is effectively implemented and maintained for special processes.
- To make recommendations arising from the audits and plan for improvement and implementation.
- Work effectively with Engineering, Manufacturing and Operational teams to eliminate any barriers that may affect the quality of internally manufactured components.
- Develop and drive department improvement projects such as quality clinic maturity, implementation of foreign object debris program etc.
- Quality systems experience in ISO9001 / AS9100 / QS9000 and rigorous customer requirements such as Rolls-Royce
- Assessment of systems and processes, including statistical techniques & capability studies
- Clear understanding of general machining & fabrication, welding, heat treatment, NDT and chemical processing.
- Use of Measurement System Analysis, Gauge R&R.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing GD&T
- Understanding and implementation of best practice inspection methods
- A proven quality engineering back ground to support day to day quality tasks
- Time served Quality Engineer, ideally within an Aerospace or World Class Manufacturing organisation
- Experienced with NADCAP Audits & approvals
- Knowledge/Experience of Special Processes ideally within Heat Treatment, NDT, Chemical Processing or Welding
- Converse with QMS Systems in AS9100
- Experience with NCR’s & FAIRs
£40,000 - £45,000 + benefits