Job Title: Non-Technical Quality Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £33k per year + benefits
A well-renowned nuclear company is hiring a Non-Technical Quality Engineer to join their New Build division, which is providing critical Quality Engineering services to the Hinkley Point C (HPC), Nuclear New Build Project. Quality Records are critical to the success of the delivery of HPC, and the overall safety of Nuclear Engineering.
The Non-Technical Records Support Officers, or Non-Technical Quality Engineer, is best aligned to a Document Controller position and will be working with the HPC Supply Chain to deliver critical support documentation control and administration.
Non-SQEP RSO's will be meticulous, will have the ability to question inconsistencies, and will ensure that all documents are correct throughout the process. The role consists of the following but is not exclusive to:
- Attention to detail and ability to work with multiple teams as well as independently
- Ability to work across multiple projects with resilience and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to follow procedures and instructions but have a questioning attitude and courage to identify gaps/inconsistencies with diplomacy,
- Use LTQR quality check sheets to quickly and easily establish if certain criteria have been met, including but not limited to:
- Document type used is correct.
- Dates/Signatures present/not missing.
- Page numbering concurrent.
- Indexing correct/structured and orderly.
- Version control correct.
- LTQR marked as True.
- Forecast dates meet expectations.
- ECS Coding is complete and correct.
- If 'First of a kind' then marked as True.
- LOD checked up to date and deliverables received.
- Assisting in the development of the check sheet audits
- Non-SQEP RSO's would ideally have some engineering experience/document control or an admin role.
- Recent university graduates and A-Level qualification holders and recent experience with document control systems may also be considered for this role.
The company offers a wide range of employer benefits, including but not limited to:
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days paid holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Dress down Fridays
Tel: 01257 244748