NPI Project Lead
£50p/h - 12 month contract, possible extension to 24 months
New Product Introduction within Electric Aircraft for an OEM within the Aerospace Industry.
One of the most exciting advertisement lines I’ve wrote for a while, here’s why. In this role you will be given complete autonomy to Lead/Project Manager the development of an entirely new Motor for the Aerospace Industry. You will also be working with an organisation that, for want of a better word, has a ridiculous Research & Development budget.
The purpose of this role is to introduce a key strategic product, from concept through to production. You will champion design for manufacture, assembly and repair, support and drive lean initiatives throughout the production stages and act as the programme focal point in a highly collaborative and driven environment.
To thrive in this role, you will ideally need knowledge in Motors or specific Power Generation products within Aerospace i.e. Generators or Turbines. Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Project Management and Product Design will be key to success. An ability to take an analytical approach, influence stakeholders and lead multi-discipline teams will be pivotal.
- Project Manages the development of a Motors Product Line into Operations
- Project and matrix management of Manufacturing Engineers and relevant stakeholders in support of meeting the company objectives in developing a Motors Product Line
- Responsible for the introduction of automated manufacturing in support of meeting the company objectives in developing a Motors Product Line
- Acts as focal for R&T Program management and key interface with Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality, Facilities and Operations
- Introduction of a Motors Product Line with alignment from support functions
- Introduction of automated manufacturing for Motor Products
- DFM / DFA / DFR
- Successful deployment of make / buy strategy for the product line
- Champion Design for Manufacture, Design for assembly and Design for Repair at all phases of project design review for Motors products
- Challenge process and demand lean manufacturing and effective industrialisation of product, tools, machinery and process within Motors Product Line
- Construct and manage project plan, developing targeted action lists aimed at operational maturity at entry into service of new Motors products
- Optimize product design for manufacture – Champion the ‘factory of the future' OE & AM for Motors products
- Contribute actively to Concurrent engineering for new and modified Motors product
- Introduce manufacturing facilities – efficient processes, tools and people across OE & AM
- Contribute to Deliver product cost whilst championing quality
- Manage multi-functional teams to deliver operational maturity at entry into service for Motor Products
If you wish to apply, please don’t worry if your CV isn’t up to date as I’d welcome a chat with you on 01257 244744. Alternatively please submit your application we will contact you shortly.