Operations Director (Greater Manchester)
The importance of productive workplace culture in the words of Steve Jobs;
“This is about building an organisation for success. This is about winning. This is about doing the tactical things to make sure your organisation and your people are aligned around the same thing.”
Changing a company’s workplace culture is never ever easy, but creating a positive and productive culture is vital for any business to succeed, nowhere is this more prevalent than in manufacturing.
My client is looking for an Operations Director who above all else, prioritises an effective culture that can lead their company to greater attitudes and drive, throughout their business.
The company is a precision engineering aerospace company that is the UK’s leading manufacturer and supplier of high precision niche components to the global aerospace market.
As Operations Director you’ll be tasked with the following key challenges, among others;
- The impact of the growth and subsequent challenges i.e. growth in team
- The required level of customer focus that the role requires and building effective relationships with key customers.
- Continuous Improvement Programme.
- Union relationships. Unite represented on-site, maintain and develop positive relationships with union
- Current operational issues – quality issues/arrears with key customers/drop in productivity (as a result of the increasing number of new starters and required training & development)
To apply for this role, you’ll have the following experience;
- £20mn - £50mn T/O company background.
- Degree or degree equivalent.
- Sector – precision or advanced engineering.
- Machine Tool Orientated – machining background
- Ideally aerospace background but open to other industries (based specifically on meeting the above 2 points)
- Lean & CI, understanding & demonstratable capability and ideally a formal qualification or extensive practical experience.
- Customer & Results Focused
- People Skills- The ability to mentor and develop is key
- Strong leadership style – Experienced in managing effectively in a unionised environment
- Senior role exposure Senior Operations Type role
- P/L budget responsibility
Click to apply or call James Field on 01257 244748 to learn more.