Responsible for all Manufacturing, Material Planning, Warehouse/Distribution, Maintenance, and QHSE functions.
The Operations Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating the daily operations of the manufacturing plant: by managing and improving day-to-day operational activities associated with HSE, Quality, OEE, OTIF, production throughput, planning adherence, material yield, picking rates and inventory accuracy. This includes developing efficiency strategies to ensure the plants meet production goals and standards at minimal manufacturing costs.
The Operations Manager works directly with department heads to coordinate production and distribution operations. Duties include instituting policies and procedures; researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency; setting and reviewing budgets and managing cost; overseeing inventory, distribution of goods and facility layout; training supervisors and administrators; maintaining a production schedule; giving performance reviews and motivating staff to meet production goals. The Operations Manager is also responsible for upholding a safe work environment.
• Degree or degree equivalent in a technical / manufacturing/supply chain/business field
• Experienced as an Operations Manager within manufacturing FMCG or ideally food packaging
• Experienced in managing operations in a BRC environment and well versed in working to cGMP
• Experience of lean or WCM techniques.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and team-building skills, independent and target-oriented thinking,
strong organizational and planning abilities, strong negotiation skills and excellent analytical and
problem-solving skills are essential. Must be tenacious.
• Self-motivated and CAN-DO person with a proactive attitude;
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
Click apply now.
Or, if you want to learn more speak to Phillip Hodson at email@example.com or call on +44 (0)1257 268273.