Role: Procurement/Supply Chain Manager
Salary: Up to £50,000 + Benefits
Sector: Manufacturing / Engineering
Commutable from: Preston, Blackpool, Blackburn, Bolton and Wigan
Reporting into the General Manager the role of Procurement/Supply Chain Manager will have responsibility for a spend covering direct materials, indirect and CAPEX spend areas as well as controlling logistic operations. The key responsibilities of the role include;
- Source and establishing relationships with world class suppliers, assessing supplier capability and making sound judgements on cost, delivery and quality in order to meet business targets
- Negotiating price to minimise expenditure and achieve cost reductions in line with business objectives
- Develop new suppliers and new process capabilities to drive improvements, reduce costs and increase efficiencies.
- Work within IATF16949 standards and practices
- Network within other business locations on shared suppliers / key commodities, taking the lead when necessary.
- Participate in wider business issues to ensure the success of the business.
As a Procurement/Supply Chain Manager, you will have a degree in an engineering discipline or a proven track record within a procurement background. The successful candidate will ideally have experience working within an Automotive/IATF16949 arena although other sectors will be considered. As Procurement/Supply Chain Manager you will have experience covering a diverse range of commodities including castings, machined parts and raw materials. Experience of developing a supply base within the Far East andEastern Europewould be an advantage. A pre requisite for this role is a determined/tenacious attitude to ensure that Purchasing plays a key part in the further development and success of the business.
Our client is an established, market leading engineering business.