Production & Warehouse Manager
Direct Reports: 3x
An industry leader in the manufacturing of plastic shims and die-cut products is hiring a Production & Warehouse Manager to join its team in Leicestershire.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient running of all manufacturing activities, inventory management, and warehouse/distribution.
- The (PWM) is responsible for directing and coordinating the daily production and logistics activities of the group companies
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a safe and clean working environment across the site. Ensuring site safety rules are respected and driving a culture of safety first.
- Responsible for ensuring product complies with our customer's high-quality expectations and driving a culture of Total Quality.
- Lead and support the teams to identify best practices and eliminate non-conformances using the NCR process, root cause analysis, and permanent corrective actions.
- To develop and monitor key performance indicators to measure performance and identify improvement opportunities / eliminate waste. (Incl. Optimised material usage, equipment utilisation, and labour efficiency)
- Oversee effective inventory management, movement of goods, and facility layout.
- Ensure adherence to standard processes in production and logistics departments.
- Create and develop clear training and development plans for production and logistics teams.
- Maintain world-class delivery performance by ensuring adherence to production plans and shipping requirements.
- Manage 3rd part logistics providers to ensure reliable, cost-effective deliveries.
- Ensure production and material handling equipment is well maintained and serviced as required by 3rd parties.
- Developing efficiency strategies to ensure that production goals and standards are met at minimal manufacturing costs.
- To identify improvements in equipment, processes, and procedures to improve safety, quality, efficiency, and reduce costs.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement.
- Support the implementation of a new ERP system to ensure relevant key performance information is available.
- Responsible for achievement of production goals, the attainment of business objectives, and product standards.
- Responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of the production and warehouse teams.
- Implement plans and processes which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of labour, equipment, facilities, materials and capital.
- Improve labour utilization within existing departments and processes for maximum return on efficiencies.
- Conduct employee performance reviews and foster a well-trained and motivated staff.
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation and actively participate in the company’s continuous improvement activities.
- Degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or related field
- Experienced in overseeing world-class manufacturing FMCG or ideally food packaging environments.
- Experienced in managing operations in a BRC environment and well versed in working to GMP standards
- Experienced and qualified GMP/ Lean or WCM techniques.
- Experience in working towards targets (Data-Driven)
- Self-motivated and CAN-DO person with a proactive approach
- Ability to perform administration accurately in a disciplined and meticulous fashion
- Experience in developing and training effective teams
- Demonstrable experience in change management and driving business improvement.