Job Title: Production Supervisor
Salary: £30k - £35k p/annum
A supplier and manufacturer of technical adhesives, serving the aerospace, automotive, pharmaceutical, and FMCG industries. Currently experiencing high levels of investment and growth.
The Production Supervisor position will report directly to the Head of Operations overseeing the shop-floor team. The main responsibilities in this role are as follows;
- Ensure, that all production staff complies with health and safety procedures. Ensure that all control measures arising from risk assessments are met in full. Conduct routine safety audits and behavioral safety discussions.
- Manage, develop and motivate the production team; set targets in line with business needs and monitor performance.
- Complete the agreed production plan in full and on time, ensuring works orders are processed correctly and in full.
- Communicate production requirements to the team on a daily basis and allocate labour as required.
- Complete daily reporting on production KPI’s and develop reporting improvements.
- Develop standard operating procedures to define best practices and support training. Perform standardised work audits to confirm process safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Identify improvement opportunities relating to material costs (scrap reduction & yield improvement)
- Develop and coach the production teams to use problem-solving techniques to drive continuous improvement.
- Confident leader with good communication skills within a group and also in one and one situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to both motivate and inspire colleagues.
- Good understanding of production KPIs with target-oriented thinking.
- Extensive knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to effectively and proactively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure, fast-paced, and changing environment.