A Project Cost Engineer position in a challenging, special-purpose machinery manufacturing company.
Reporting into the Head of Planning, the role of Project Cost Engineer will be required to check, assist, work with Project Managers (PMs) on assigned engineering/manufacturing projects.
As Project Cost Engineer you will be required to:
- Assist the Project Managers (PMs) with bids from a cost engineering and planning perspective.
- To assist the PM’s in updating their project work books.
- Assist the Project Management Office at peak times during the monthly reporting cycle.
- Assist the PM’s with resource management across projects.
- Fulfilling the role of PM on low risk or small to medium projects.
- Cost Engineering- setting up and managing cost tracking and analysis systems. Eg . Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge and Proficiency with Primavera (P6) – can set up and manage schedules in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organisation.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Work exp in a busy time-constrained engineering office environment.
You will be qualified to a minimum HND or HNC level in a related engineering discipline with a background in manufacturing projects. Ideally having worked in the Nuclear. The ability to provide support to PM’s in generation and maintenance of detailed project plans, managing project risk and implementation of change by being a good organiser and commercially astute. Experience with Primavera P6 project management software is essential. Experience of cost engineering across a wide portfolio of multi discipline projects.
Our client is an engineering nuclear design company.
Click to apply or to learn more call Anu Nambiar on +44(0) 1257 244740.