Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
An Additive Manufacturing company in Florida who supply to the Aerospace and Defence markets are looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Manager to join their team.
They are looking for someone who has the capability to carry out the following:
• Participates or leads teams to provide quality input for the development, manufacture, procurement, and acceptance of a variety of products related to metal AM products produced within an aerospace additive manufacturing environment.
• Experience in implementing and maintaining NADCAP certified inspection.
• Facilitates Safety Training all employees
• Develops methods and writes detailed instructions for inspection processes.
• Align process documentation with process capabilities.
• Coordinates the design and calibration of product acceptance equipment and the ordering of testers, gages, and equipment to support product acceptance.
• Provides technical assistance to inspection areas and additive manufacturing teams.
• Lead the APQP Process for new products and processes
• Participate in design reviews, development and support of PFMEA / Control Plans.
• Develops and monitors quality metrics, levels, and trends.
• Collect, evaluate and develop statistical data and monitor process control.
• Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding product discrepancies.
• Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention and implements specific and preventative
• Develops test procedures and performs evaluation tests, capability studies, quality audits,
data reviews, and other engineering evaluations utilizing Six Sigma methodology.
• Evaluate and report progress of team toward established goals and objectives.
• Resolve problems, make process improvements and respond to internal and external
customer inquiries regarding quality issues.
• Perform compliance and system effectiveness audits to insure adherence to company
policies, procedures and customer requirements.
• Train associates in both theory and application of quality tools such as statistics, inspection
methods, problem solving, process analysis and improvement.
• Experience in layout inspection.
• Generate CMM Inspection Reports - Collect, collate and report data results in required
formats (FAIR, PPAP, ADP, etc.) per AS9102
• Experience in GD&T.
• Organize and present data to management for decision making.
• Assist in other tasks as required
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in a technical or related field required.
• Demonstrated ability to balance department efficiency and service excellence.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at various levels across the company and customers.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups.
• Self-motivated, able to multi-task, and detail oriented.
• Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Must be able to learn procedures quickly and be a team player.
• Able to maintain a professional demeanor and a polished professional appearance.
• 5+ years quality systems experience within manufacturing required
• Easily adapt to new organizations / technical environments
• Project management on small to medium projects
• Aerospace experience
• Strong background is Six Sigma
• Experience in NADCAP Implementation
• ASQ Certifications: CQM/OE, CQE, CQA or CQIA
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Frequently required to sit, walk, stand, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
• Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
• Technical information, and/or use a keyboard
• Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
• Work on Specialized equipment
Click apply or speak to Mark Ainscough for the full details at:
Tel: +44 (0)1257 244743