Quality Engineer – Systems/Processes
We current have an opening for a proficient Quality Systems Engineer to exhibit their skills in developing and implementing an Internal Audit System at a Two Tier Aerospace Organisation. In addition, the role requires the expertise in leading and implementing process improvement and supporting the reduction in NCR’s.
- Develop and implement an Internal Audit System
- Improve processes via measurable activities and the ability to demonstrate improvements
- Coordinate and lead the internal audit system and participate in audits of the organisation to the standards the company is expected to meet by customers and approval bodies.
- Drive process non-conformance reduction through process improvement activities
- Create/maintain all documentation associated with the Internal Audit System
- Contribute to ensuring the company's quality, cost & delivery targets are met
- Analyse data to support improvement activities
- Support customer / 3rd party audits, e.g. AS9100, Nadcap, etc.
- Auditing both internal & external suppliers
- Instruct, train, & support staff with Quality subjects and matters
- Raising and processing NCR’s maintaining ownership through to closure
- Participate in the Problem resolution procedures
- Generating reports around business KPI’s relating to performance of the Business management system
- To ensure that “Best Practice” techniques are evaluated & used where appropriate
- Review of specification changes and solving quality issues using established techniques such as 8D, 5 why +2 How, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
- Documentation changes as applicable to the Quality system and function
- Liaise / supporting customers and suppliers on quality matters to resolution
- Degree/HNC/HND qualified
- Demonstrable Aerospace Experience
- Accredited Auditor Qualifications Desired (IRQA, I2LA, SAE, BSI, Nadcap, etc.)
- Experience with complex fabrication manufacturing processes preferred
- Experience with aerospace customer specifications
- Ability to prioritize work effectively and to work well under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a positive approach to all areas of work
0800hrs to 1615hrs Monday to Thursday
0800hrs to 1500hrs Friday
Pay & Remuneration
Circa £40,000 per annum
Flexitime, Pension, Childcare Vouchers