We have an exclusive opportunity with a tier 2 Nuclear based Consultancy. The organisation we are currently representing is a well-respected name with Nuclear Design, has involvement on several major Nuclear Decommissioning Projects and are currently expanding through affiliation and success.
Due to this continuing success, we are working in partnership with our client to recruit a Quality Engineer who has experience of Quality within Design. This position requires an ambitious individual who is currently or aspires to work in a Quality Management position within short to medium term.
Key element of the role will require you to ensure ISO 9001 standards are met, support auditing activity and take ownership for appropriate documentation. Supporting Tender/Bid Proposals and Liaise with clients on a regular basis.
Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop the company quality standards such as ISO 9001
- Compliance of Designs to required quality assurance standards
- Preparations of internal and external documents to agreed timescales
- Availability of control documents to meet internal customer needs
- Review of enquiry documents and preparation of summary QA/QC documentation as part of quotation submission
- Control of contract quality plans
- Lead the quality systems and procedures for Nuclear
- Ensuring changes in QA/QC specifications are reflected in accordance with relevant projects
- Provide quality support to Sales, Operations, Production Engineering, Manufacturing and Test
- Participation or leading quality improvement projects
- Participation of internal supplier QA audit activity
- Recognised Qualification within Quality/Quality Management
- Experience of ISO9001:2015
- Experience within Quality in relation to Design work for Handling/Processing Systems
- Prior Nuclear experience would be highly advantageous to this role but is not a necessity
- Attention to detail is an absolute necessity
- Good communication, organisational and problem-solving skills
- £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience
- Expected progression into Quality Management/Quality Assurance Management
- On site facilities including Gym & Canteen