Job Title: Quality Management Lead - Mechanical
Job Type: Permanent
Due to further developments and growth of the HPC programme, our client now requires an experienced Quality Management Lead with expertise in Mechanical Engineering to support with the delivery, installation and commissioning of critical equipment for the project.
- Review, accept and monitor Contractors' Quality Assurance Plans (CQAP) provided by the supply chain.
- Identify needs for supply chain audits and supporting Supply Chain Auditors in the prompt resolution of audit findings
- Produce Project Quality Control Plans (PQCP) for each contract
- In compliance with the PQCP, ensure deployment of key quality contractual arrangements including the General Quality Assurance Specification (GQAS), Life Time Quality Records Specification, Quality Release Certificate, and the Inspection & Test Plan Specification, etc.
- Provide relevant guidance including contractor’s CQAPs, LTQR partitioning strategies, and the arrangements for identifying and planning for Quality-Related Activities
- Lead the implementation of LTQR review
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders including a specific partnership with EDF Direction Industrielle (DI) - 2nd party inspection services.
- Deliver manufacturing surveillance programmes per contract based on a graded approach of equipment safety function and project importance
- Ensure overall effectiveness of ITPs submitted by the suppliers, checking that they are fit for purpose from a quality perspective and have been correctly distributed to the relevant internal parties for review and mark-up of the activities they wish to witness
- Establish and check planned inspection witness and hold points marked in the supplier Inspection and Test Plans (ITP) / Quality Plans / Follow Up Documents (FUDs) and monitor their completion
- Coordinate, monitor and improve the efficiency of manufacturing documentation review and inspection activities performed by sub-contracted inspection agencies
- Coordinate and lead the NNB review and acceptance of relevant manufacturing documentation provided by contractors
- Perform in-factory manufacturing inspection when required (UK, France, or worldwide)
- Support the monitoring and technical resolution of manufacturing non-conformances including the management of corrections and corrective actions
- Support the review and acceptance of End of Manufacturing Reports (EMR), End of Construction Status Reports (ECSR), and End of Erection Status Reports (EESR)
- Support the review and delivery of the end of manufacturing records, leading to the quality release of equipment to HPC.
This position requires experience in project delivery, preferably in the nuclear, construction, infrastructure, or power sectors, with a significant focus on project quality, with a solid understanding of the Quality Assurance and Quality Control in major projects across engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction, and commissioning.
- A clear and considerable understanding of quality management best practices for deployment by large, complex, and contract-led organisations
- Experience in interfacing with project teams and with supply chain organisations.
- Analysis of data, preparing reports, and making recommendations.
- The ability to influence and to provide constructive challenge which is accepted by others.
- Should possess a recognised Quality qualification and accreditation.
- Knowledge of the nuclear sector, ideally new build
- Knowledge & understanding of nuclear site license conditions
- The ability to speak French is advantageous but not necessary.
- Knowledge of pressure and nuclear codes
- Knowledge of Welding, Non-Destructive Testing (NDT), Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE)
Qualifications & Experience
- HNC/HND qualification or degree in a relevant science or engineering subject, or equivalent qualification
- Broad experience in implementing a variety of quality-related solution
- Proven track record of delivering result
- Proven leadership experience working in a quality assurance/control environment within the nuclear industry or other relevant safety-critical industry
- Proven experience of interaction and resolving issues with a wide range of stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.
Click apply or speak to James Field for further information on:
Tel: 01257 2748