Role: Quality Manager
Commutable from: Wigan, Liverpool, Preston, Chorley and Bolton
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000
Reporting directly into the Operations Director, this role is key to the further development of the businesses operations. The role has full responsibility over the company’s quality processes / procedures, the responsibilities of the role include;
- Responsibility for all audits against IATF16949 covering internal audits and managing external customer / industry audit process.
- Implementation of their QMS in line with IATF16949 standards
- The effective management, development and utilisation of the companies Quality Engineers.
- The further development of the company’s quality systems. This will include initially improving the understanding of the scorecard throughout the business and then the successful implementation and utilisation.
- Develop robust, transparent quality processes that are fully utilised across the business.
- Work with / develop relationships with customers to ensure all Quality issues are resolved and corrective actions are implemented.
- Also work alongside the company departments such as design/production and purchasing to resolve all supplier quality issues.
The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in a related engineering / quality related subject and will have experience within the automotive sector. Key candidate requirements for the role include;
- The ability to thrive in a hands on role, have real determination / drive and the ability to challenge existing procedures. The candidate must have excellent communication and influencing skills
- Have exposure to and understanding of ISO9001 and IATF16949 quality systems and the ability to conduct internal audits and manage external supplier / industry audits.
- Have experience of implementing a QMS system within an automotive environment
- The candidate must also have successfully developed robust, effective quality processes and the subsequently implemented across an operation.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kensington Consulting Ltd.
Kensington Consulting Ltd operates as a Recruitment / Employment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment / Employment Business for the provision of temporary candidates. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.