Regional Category Manager
A manufacturing business that helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers to maximise their production is hiring a Regional Category Manager.
Summary of Role
- Leading supply chain initiatives to achieve key goals including strategic material cost reduction, long-term commodity sourcing strategies, and driving continuous improvement.
- Creating a specialist ‘go-to’ point for Castings, Forgings, and Fasteners
- Working closely with key stakeholders
- 3 Strategic Sourcing Specialists
- Leading and motivating a team of Strategic Sourcing Specialists to support the local operations team
- Working collaboratively with key stakeholders to support the delivery of business strategy and goals.
- Strategic management of the commodity budget, creating a supplier capability matrix for castings, forgings, and fasteners. Assessing and mitigating suppliers’ risks.
- Developing and delivering category strategies to achieve annual targets for; supplier on-time delivery performance; supply chain lead-time; material cost savings; payment terms; supplier consolidation using Grow/Maintain/Exit strategy
- Increasing cost reductions with proactive and effective procurement strategies
- Improving material availability to meet customer expectations.
- Supplier development and relationship management
- Driving and owning the supplier selection process
- Standardising reporting, processes, and project management using systems and tools available
- Creating and driving the future strategy and vision to optimize the supply chain for castings, forgings, and fasteners
- Supporting the delivery of annual supply chain key initiatives from the strategic plan
- Managing and sharing best practices with local, European, and Global teams
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualified ideally within an engineering or technical field
- Solid track record within Supply Chain and procurement, ideally in a global
- multinational business.
- Can-do approach and able to work collaboratively across a range of local, European and global stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience in castings, forgings, and fabrications. An advantage would be machined parts, fasteners, rubber, and springs
- Technical understanding of purchased parts.
- Knowledge of MRP (preferred SAP and/or Oracle)
- Ability to work collaboratively and successfully within a matrix organization
- Fluent level in English; other language skills are an advantage
- Advanced MS Office – Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.
- Ability to undertake some international travel
Important Working Relationships:
- European Supply Chain Team
- General Manager
- Materials Manager
- Finance Director
- Drives Results
- Manages Complexity
- Communications Effectively
- Plans And Aligns
- Customer Focus
Click apply or speak to Tom Barnes for the full details at firstname.lastname@example.org