Job: Senior Controls Engineer
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
A world-class materials and machine manufacturer, working in the Additive Manufacturing industry are looking for a Senior Controls Engineer to join their team, either in Texas or California. This position centers around integrating 3D printers – the printers themselves, and the processes that make them great.
The role in question will see you working extensively with support and programming of coordinated-motion. As well as this, you’ll be programming using C++, C, C#, .net, and PLCOpen. The company is also looking for someone with experience of advanced motion controls and knowledge of sensing and instrumentation.
Other responsibilities include:
- Knowledge of communication protocols as CANOpen, TCP/IP, UDP
- Knowledge of Fieldbus systems: CAN bus, EtherCAT a plus
- Demonstrated skills for automation design and optimization.
- Develop system upgrades.
- Troubleshoot software and hardware issues.
- Understanding of general electrical drawings
- Strong skills on software version control and project documentation
- Develop HiL test procedures based on requirements
What you’ll need:
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, CS (with hardware experience)
- Extensive experience in design/build/test
- CAD (SolidWorks preferred, 2Khrs minimum) – part/assembly/draft/BOM + simulation/FEA (mechanical, thermal, EM)
- Strong knowledge of mechatronics and components – bearings, motors, encoders, controllers, dynamic structures
- Git for Version Control
- Agile methodology is a plus
- Self-motivated and self-directed - comfortable working in a lean, fast, agile team
- Good English communication skills – Mandarin, Japanese, German, Spanish a plus
- Ability to travel domestically 3-5 days per month. 2-3 international trips per year may be required.
- Opportunity to participate in an employee stock program
- Discretional vacation/holiday time
- Visa assistance