Senior Controls Engineer (Burlington, Massachusetts)
A company working within the metal additive manufacturing industry is looking for a Senior Controls Engineer, to help drive the company’s aim to commercialize a full, scalable AM solution.
In this role, the main objective is to develop and implement automation and controls systems, including motion controls for novel multi-axis system architecture. With this, you will oversee its commissioning.
Additionally, the role will require you to integrate subsystems including motion hardware, drive and control electronics, sensors and safety systems.
Developing production milestones and leading the effort to develop controls, will see you working with a multi-disciplinary team to integrate the requirements and physics of the process into the design and optimization of the controls system.
The requirements for this position, include experience with:
- B&R machine automation and control platform is a must
- Knowledge of other platforms, such as Siemens, Beckhoff, Bosch Rexroth is a plus
- BS or MS in electrical or mechanical engineering, robotics or other relevant fields
- 5+ years of experience with automation and controls of industrial production machinery and applications
- Hands-on experience with designing and commissioning motion control for industrial automation
- Hands-on experience with multi-axis (multi DOF) motion control and industrial robots is a plus
- Programming and debugging skills in a general-purpose language (i.e. C++) and good knowledge of at least one scripting language (Python, Structured Text Control Language etc.)
- Team player with great communication skills
- Excited about taking new challenges in the metal additive manufacturing industry and working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Self-motivated and capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals