Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
An innovative additive manufacturing business who are disrupting traditional manufacturing processes with their material and system portfolio, are hiring a full-time Senior Mechanical Engineer who will work with the R&D team to develop the latest equipment and explore industry.
You will be responsible for proof-of-concept evaluation; prototype development; system testing and characterization of mechanical and electro-mechanical subsystems. Applicants should have a thorough understanding of mechanics, thermodynamics, and dynamics for industrial equipment with hands-on experience.
- Create and maintain design and test documentation
- Support final product design including testing and certification
- Support applications and service/support teams with customer issues
- Support contract manufacturer with product builds and training
- Schedule and complete tasks on time with minimal supervision
Necessary Qualifications & Experience:
- BSME or similar degree with 7+ years product development experience
- 5+ years’ experience with 3D CAD design and finite element analysis (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience with mathematical modeling of mechanics/dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer.
- Ability to lead and mentor less experienced team members on proper engineering practices
- Complete life-cycle experience of an industrial machinery
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work in small, dynamic team
- Must be able to manage multiple projects under tight time constraints
- Open to travel to support manufacturing and first machine deployments
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and will not now or in the future require sponsorship by the employer
- MSEE or similar
- Experience in use and design of servo control and industrial equipment
- Knowledge in additive manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Experience designing for Compliance requirements, including safety certifications
- Experience with Matlab
- Experience with scripting-level coding
Click apply or speak to Mark Ainscough for the full details.
T: +44 (0)1257 244743