Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Industry: Additive Manufacturing
An additive manufacturing company that provides AM systems and materials to the market is committed to creating industrial solutions for the world’s top manufacturers and bridging the gap between 3D printing and machining.
The company is looking to hire a full-time experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer. This individual will work with the company’s R&D team to develop our latest equipment and explore industry-disrupting new concepts. They will be responsible for proof-of-concept evaluation; prototype development; system testing and characterization of mechanical and electro-mechanical subsystems. Candidates should have a thorough understanding of mechanics, thermodynamics, and dynamics for industrial equipment with hands-on experience.
Minimum Qualifications and Expectations:
- BSME or similar degree with 7+ years of product development experience
- 5+ years’ experience with 3D CAD design and finite element analysis (Solidworks preferred).
- Experience with mathematical modeling of mechanics/dynamics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer.
- Ability to lead and mentor less experienced team members on engineering practices
- Complete life-cycle experience of an industrial machinery
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work in a small, dynamic team
- Must prioritize work and manage multiple projects under tight time constraints
- Open to travel to support manufacturing (Southeast Asia) and first machine deployments (US domestic)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and will not now or in the future require sponsorship by the employer
- Willing to work full-time in either California or Texas
Preferential Qualifications and Expectations:
- MSEE or similar
- Experience in the use and design of servo control and industrial equipment
- Knowledge in additive manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Experience designing for Compliance requirements, including safety certifications
- Experience with Matlab
- Experience with scripting-level coding
Design, prototype, develop, test, and support complex mechanical and electro-mechanical subsystems for industrial equipment.
- Create and maintain design and test documentation
- Support final product design including testing and certification
- Support applications and service/support teams with customer issues
- Support contract manufacturer with product builds and training
- Schedule and complete tasks on time with minimal supervision
Click apply or speak to Phillip Hodson for the full details at:
Tel: +44 (0)1257 268273