Senior Process Quality Engineer
What’s This Job All About?
- The company manufactures large steel components and assemblies so have a number of different processes on site including CNC machining and welding. Quality-wise they feel their overall systems are good but have a problem in the welding section, which is the key focus for this role.
- They have employed a number of new welders over the past 12-18 months and have found their quality issues rising because their welding procedures aren’t robust enough. So they need a quality engineer to jump on board and work closely with the welding department to solve these quality problems for a start.
- The role won’t be just confined to the welding department. The company are investing in new plant so you’ll need to get involved with setting the standards for these machines and, overall, raising the quality level of the business.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Write Standard Operating Procedures for the various welding operations they use and show previous examples of SOPs you’ve produced previously.
- Communicate, train and ensure that all operators are working to these SOPs.
- Use modern quality tools like SPC, 8D, Ishikawa, Paretos and gated processes. You will need to be able to demonstrate how and where you’ve used these tools.
What Am I Looking for on Your CV?
- Apprenticeship background
- Experience of MIG/MAG welding of carbon steels 1.6mm thick
- Experience of using most of the quality tools mentioned earlier
- Location commutable to the East side of Manchester
Hours of work are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Mon- Thu and until 1:00 pm on Fridays.
If you’d like to talk this one through, please call me on 01257 244740.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kensington Consulting Ltd.
Kensington Consulting Ltd operates as a Recruitment / Employment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment / Employment Business for the provision of temporary candidates. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.