Senior Quality Engineer / Quality Manager
About the Company
- The company manufactures large steel components and assemblies so have a number of different processes on site including CNC machining and welding. Quality-wise they feel their overall systems are ok but can be better so are looking for someone to join the business with experience of quality management systems in a heavy engineering environment.
- The role will span across all departments and the company are investing in new plant so you’ll need to get involved with setting the standards for these machines and, overall, raising the quality level of the business.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Documentation such as standard operating procedures and control charts.
- Data collection and analysis using modern quality tools like SPC, 8D, Ishikawa, Paretos and gated processes.
- Communicate, train and ensure that all operators are working to the SOPs and correct quality procedures.
What Am I Looking for on Your CV?
- Apprenticeship background
- Experience of welding and/or CNC machining.
- Experience of using most of the quality tools mentioned earlier
- Location commutable to the East side of Manchester
Hours of work are 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Mon- Thu and until 1:00 pm on Fridays.
If you’d like to talk this one through, please call me on 01257 244740.
This vacancy is being advertised by Kensington Consulting Ltd.
Kensington Consulting Ltd operates as a Recruitment / Employment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment / Employment Business for the provision of temporary candidates. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.