Job: Senior Regional Accountant
‘Personal Development’ is a term that gets thrown around a lot don’t you think?
But it’s actually really important as much as it’s a job advert cliché. Who wants to spend every day covering familiar ground and not achieving those personal goals?
In this role, the company are keen to ensure that their employees undertake a personal development programme to advance their skills and career. You’ll be working for a leading Engineering and Technology company as their Senior Regional Accountant and you will handle, as well as develop, a team of accounting professionals in the Europe Finance Group.
This role offers occasional travel to Europe, but when you’re in the office you’ll have the opportunity to communicate globally everyday. You will have the chance to lead the team to deliver and maintain service and controls, while focusing on standardisation. It is key to provide support, analyse and drive operational improvements to enable EFSG to maximise efficiency. You will also handle Shared Service Centre (SSC) controls and processes ensuring efficient support for the business and compliance with corporate policy and procedures (CP&Ps).
You will be required to:
• Develop the team to drive execution of the month end reporting cycle;
• Drive continuous improvement initiatives, with focus on standardisation;
• Through the team, ensure financial integrity of the Balance sheet including;
• regular financial & balance sheet reviews in conjunction with the regional finance teams
• reviewing and finalising the period end inter-company balance matching process and Goods in Transit (GIT) accrual
• ownership of the balance sheet control reconciliations including investigation of reconciling items to clear in a timely manner
• review of reconciliations to ensure quality and ensure ownership and clearance of reconciling items.
• Review SSC KPIs; setting the direction and focus for the upcoming quarter, including setting targets and assessing against set targets;
• Supervise, review and support the team to ensure CP&Ps are followed across SSC processes;
• Management and development of the SSC team;
• Lead the team to manage the scheduled and manual payments process;
• Lead the process to manage SSC banking accesses in accordance with CP&Ps;
• Handle engagement with internal and external auditors;
• Lead or assist with European finance projects as and when required.
To be considered you will need:
• Experience of managing and developing others;
• Exceptional written & verbal communication skills;
• ACA/ACCA/CIMA/equivalent Accounting Qualification;
• Validated and relevant work experience for a large multi-national organisation that can prove the required skills;
• Occasional weekend/bank holiday working required;
• Occasional unsociable hours, especially at financial month end, where flexibility in working hours is needed;
• Some travel may be required.
Click to apply or speak to James Field at:
Tel: +44 (0)1257 244748